Mold Test Kit: Do-It-Yourself, Easy and Reliable
INDOOR MOLD (including black and/ or toxic mold)
MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH!
BLACK MOLD TEST KIT:
DO YOU HAVE UNHEALTHY
FUNGAL SPORE CONTAMINATION AND/OR GROWTH IN YOUR HOUSE, SCHOOL OR BUSINESS?
|Mold in buildings may cause or worsen symptoms of allergies… Many molds can produce potent mycotoxins…. identified as toxic agents.
MOLDS ARE MICROSCOPIC ORGANISMS THAT ORIGINATE OUTDOORS... growing in the soil, on plants, and on other organic materials. Their spores infiltrate the indoor environment via air currents or surface transfer and settle in the dust. If adequate moisture is present, the spores can germinate into new fungal colonies, producing multitudes of additional spores that can become aerosolized or dispersed into the air of your home, school, or business.
MANY INDIVIDUALS ARE ALLERGIC TO MOLD. When mold spores are inhaled, it triggers symptoms such as sinus congestion or asthma. However, it is now recognized that even people without mold allergies can experience adverse health effects from fungal exposures -- if the spores produce mycotoxins -- substances that are toxic to one or more organs of the body.
- Why sample for mold?
- Higher Quality of Life!
- Increased Productivity!
- Lower Medical Costs!
- Higher Property Values!
- Less Potential for Litigation!
- Get your results back in DAYS, not weeks!!!
- Many other toxic & black mold test kits can take weeks to get results back. We will analyze and send out results in three business days or less.
- Receive results via E-mail, fax and/ or Postal Service
- All Materials are Included!
- No additional materials or fees needed.
- Other mold test kits require additional fees to have samples analyzed.
- Free phone/ e-mail support included with the results.
- E-mail support from the owner (Certified Industrial Hygienist) about your results
- Analysis by a
Certified (PAACB) Lab Analyst!
- A full lab analysis can determine the species of
fungi as well as how much is present in the sample tape window.
- Instruction sheet on "Where to Sample"
- Understand the best locations to sample for mold spores
- Used by professional inspectors as well as home owners, schools and businesses.
- Successfully used by inspectors, property managers, school administrators, insurance, construction, doctors, commercial businesses, law firms, real estate agents, multi-family residential units, and homeowners
- Includes an "Information Booklet" explaining:
- Which molds species can cause allergies or may be potentially toxic
- Recommended procedures and tips for clean up of toxic/ black mold)
- How to prevent indoor mold growth in homes, business and schools.
- Where to find additional resources on mold and remediation
- Frequently asked questions and more
Why MOLDetect's mold test kit?
MOLDetect® test kits use a surface sample method to test for mold. This means that our test kits are analyzed by direct microscope exam rather than the much less reliable culture method that requires the mold spores to grow on a culture media that may or may not have the proper nutrients for growth.
Furthermore, some types of mold grow much faster (e.g., Cladosporium) than other types (e.g., toxic mold or Stachybotrys). The faster growers may mask or prevent the growth of the important slow growers. So, when you use a culture based method, you often miss important mold types.
With the culture based method (home
depot kits), the spores must be alive to grow. With the MOLDetect® kit you are able to detect both the viable (living) and non-viable (dead) spores. Both living and dead spores are important because mold spores continue to be allergenic and toxigenic even when dead (even after being treated with a disinfectant).
The tape lift surface sample method that MOLDetect® uses enables all spores in the sample to be observed.
You should know that most culture based kits have an additional charge for lab analysis to identify the molds present. This cost is usually an additional $30-$50 plus postage over the cost spent on the initial purchase. It also may take up to a week to get the final analysis results.
Also, please be aware that there are nearly always some mold spores present in indoor environments, since they naturally infiltrate in from the outdoors. Thus, when a culture plate is opened up in a location to take a test, growth will always occur. The growth on a plate likely will look fuzzy and perhaps fill up the plate, which can cause people to get alarmed even if the growth consists of only one or two normal outdoor type spores (rather than representing a true indoor mold growth problem).
Furthermore, scientists from the
American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) state that settle plates do not collect airborne particles in a way that allows you to properly evaluate conditions. “Particle settlement depends on the size (weight) of the particle size and also is influenced by air movement. Therefore, settle plates cannot provide reliable measurements. This method is not even appropriate for determining the relative air concentrations of different microorganisms because of the collection bias.”
|This is great product, good quality for that price. Simple and easy to perform, lab.
results excellent, detailed enough for the first step. - Mila (North
|"Thank you very much, the report was very professional and helpful. I'll plan to use your service again next time we need some help with surface samples..." - Kurt (Maryland)
|I became a Home Inspector 5 years ago. I have tried every mold testing kit on the market and this one is the best. Easy to use. Great service. Very helpful and knowledgeable people in the company. - Mold inspector (Boca Raton, Florida)|
|I have used this product a number of times, on my own home, my mother's home and other property I was considering for investment. Tells you if you have a mold problem and what to do about it if you do. Plus the owner is available, highly knowledgeable and able to explain all you needed to know about Mold. - Bill (Oklahoma City, OK)|
|This is a great kit to determine the presence of mold. Professional results from the lab, and the results are reported in a very timely manner. Will continue to use this kit in the future for my home inspection business. - Kevin (Kansas
|"Thank you for your initial report. It was very thorough and clearly explained."
- Macalee (Virginia)
|"The report is great... very easy to understand
& helpful in terms of fixing the problem!" - Alyssa (Kansas City)
To confirm or rule out indoor fungal growth & identify
the types present.
(including Stachybotrys, often called 'toxic or black mold')
|Copyright MOLDetect © 2013. All rights reserved